So, I may be creating a reputation of myself as a technophile. Which is, in itself, not a bad thing. I have been humorously been poked at for my excitement for different kinds of technology and being a advocate for them.
But sometimes they have so much damn potential!
My newest foray into web 2.0 is something I'm really excited about, more so than I possibly should be. For a long time I've wanted to compile a list of interesting or innovative teaching activities or techniques that I can use in my classroom. And today, it hit me. I could create a wiki where the content is just that. And people could post and read it and get ideas and comment on others' ideas, in the true wiki form.
If you are interested, the address is http://macteachertips.pbwiki.com. I would love everyone to go and post their ideas right now!
This may be something that only I use as a file to keep track of my ideas.
But..
ideally, I'd want this to be a work in progress for a long time, with a scope that could reach far further than just the MAC program. And, I'm sure that other sites like this exist, and we could also collaborate with their site. But thats an ideal.
Lets see what the reaction is in the first few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm really happy to see you experimenting this way, Mark. It's cool to think about creating an evolving resource that you all could add to as you move through your teaching experiences. If you like the way things take shape, it might also be cool to think about inviting some of the MAC grads to participate, or even mentors. Hmm....
Hi Mark,
Did you see the email Pat forwarded about Yahoo Teachers? It's pretty sweet, and has the potential (I think) to be a pretty revolutionary source. I say this as if I have a grasp of all the other teacher resources out there... but still. A worthwhile endeavor for us to all be a part of and use to stay connected, methinks.
(www.teachers.yahoo.com)
Hey Mark,
I'm behind you 100%, so even if I don't have much to contribute to the blog at the moment, it's not for lack of interest, I assure you. One of the ways I was able to tell that I should probably enter this line of work was a list I kept as a kid of cool things my teachers had done. And, of course, in true unorganized fashion, I've lost the list. If I do manage to find it, though, I shall post it to the wiki.
Post a Comment